Set a referral program landing page to reduce SaaS churn
Highlight and promote your referral program and its benefits on a dedicated landing page. Show visitors what’s in it for them and why they should promote it to their friends. Focus on your app’s benefits with an emotional appeal.
Fiverr has a perfectly designed landing page that clearly explains everything to the customers.
LastPass has a simple referral landing page that explains the benefits of the program in one line.
GetResponse has a very detailed referral landing page that shares benefits, steps, and has FAQs.
How to use the technique
- Create multiple landing pages for better targeting. Create at least one referral landing page for each buyer persona for personalization. Grab our free churn optimization framework for more details.
- Explain the benefits of the referral program. Use bullets. Have a clear and catchy headline. Use power words and emotional appeal (e.g. your friend is waiting for you).
- Explain the benefits of inviting friends. What is the reward? How they can benefit from it? Sharing benefits of referral program only won’t help. Pre-sell your app too.
- Keep form short. Make sign up easy. Reduce form fields. This will increase conversions and reduce churn.
- Make link sharing easier. If someone decides to enroll, make referral link available immediately. If your customers visit the landing page, make links visible upfront.
- Make CTA prominent. Add a clear and contrasting CTA on the landing page. Keep CTA text descriptive. Show customers what they need to do to get access to the program.
- Make landing page visually pleasing. Remove navigation. Reduce friction. Add white space. Use images and videos.
- Split test for conversion optimization. Creating a perfect landing page needs several tweaks and A/B tests. Test all the variables on the landing pages to boost conversions. Not sure how to do it? Get our free actionable guide.
Mistakes to avoid
- Not adding form above the fold. Utilize above the fold. Show signup form above the fold so that interested customers can sign up right away without having to scroll.
- Lack of personalization. Creating a general all-purpose landing page is a lethal mistake. Personalize landing page and make it relevant to your customers.
FREE OPTIMIZATION GUIDE
Stop Your SaaS From Leaking Customers With Our Proven Optimization Process
We will reveal an EXACT framework we use to improve conversion & retention rates of our SaaS clients by at least 30%.DOWNLOAD FREE PDF
Marketing Benchmarks From 7,000 Businesses report by HubSpot found that the number of landing pages is positively associated with the number of leads a business generates. More landing pages mean more leads. Companies with 6-10 landing pages generate 55% more leads than companies having 1-5 landing pages.
Related techniques SEE ALL THE TECHNIQUES >
LOOKING FOR THE WAY TO STOP YOUR SAAS FROM LEAKING MONEY?
Download our FREE guide with the battle-tested process for SaaS conversion & retention optimization
Get a PDF with an exact step-by-step framework we use with our SaaS clients to research why their SaaS is leaking money, define optimization opportunities and run data-driven experiments that bring tangible ROI.