Make referral link sharing easy to reduce SaaS churn
Make it easier for customers to share their referral link. Making it convenient will reduce drop-offs and will increase the number of referrals. It should be a one-click procedure.
How to use the technique
- Add relevant sharing options e.g. social media, email, copy-paste, etc. It is best to offer all available sharing options to all the customers irrespective of their preferences. Use our glorious in-depth free churn optimization framework for further details.
- Make it one-click. Reduction friction. Sharing should be immediate. Don’t ask them to login via a social account or connect email account for sharing. Keep it simple.
- Keep referral code short yet meaningful. Make remembering your code easy so customers can remember and recall it easily.
- Allow copying of the referral code. Add a copy button with the code.
- Show a success message. When the code is share successfully or copied successfully, notify the customer. Let them know that is has been shared so they can notify their friend.
- Reduce the number of steps. Reduce friction. Keep it dead-short. A one-step sharing option works best for engagement.
- Show progress bar. Let customers know how many steps they need to take to share a link. Show number of steps or a progress bar, whatever works better. Use A/B testing to identify what works best. Read our free guide on actionable techniques for churn optimization.
Mistakes to avoid
- Asking for social media integration when a customer is about to share a referral link on the social network. It’s not recommended at all. It will increase drop-offs.
- Lack of success notification/email. Not keeping customers in the loop isn’t a good idea. Tell them when the link is shared and then keep them updated on the progress of new referrals.
FREE OPTIMIZATION GUIDE
Stop Your SaaS From Leaking Customers With Our Proven Optimization Process
We will reveal an EXACT framework we use to improve conversion & retention rates of our SaaS clients by at least 30%.DOWNLOAD FREE PDF
A research study by Forrester revealed that a well-thought and frictionless customer user experience can increase conversions by a whopping 400%. Making it easier for customers to share a referral link can, therefore, drastically improve the performance of your referral flow.
Related techniques SEE ALL THE TECHNIQUES >
LOOKING FOR THE WAY TO STOP YOUR SAAS FROM LEAKING MONEY?
Download our FREE guide with the battle-tested process for SaaS conversion & retention optimization
Get a PDF with an exact step-by-step framework we use with our SaaS clients to research why their SaaS is leaking money, define optimization opportunities and run data-driven experiments that bring tangible ROI.